CEP using Apache Apex

Priyanka Gugale
Hi,

I was looking into possibility of integrating rules engines with Apache Apex. This will help to cater use cases like complex event processing using Apache Apex.

I gave a quick try to write a malhar operator which uses drools library to do event processing and return appropriate result. I haven't done any detailed usage analysis w.t.r. memory, complexity of using rules which spread across events etc. But does community think this is a good area and we should explore more on this?

If yes I will try to put in basic operator in Malhar and work on details.

-Priyanka

Re: CEP using Apache Apex

parmesh
Hi,

This is Parmesh and I am exploring Apex for some use-cases.In that
use-case i also need this(CEP).

Please enable this capability in this if possible.

Regards
Parmesh

On Friday 13 January 2017 02:33 PM, Priyanka Gugale wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was looking into possibility of integrating rules engines with
> Apache Apex. This will help to cater use cases like complex event
> processing using Apache Apex.
>
> I gave a quick try to write a malhar operator which uses drools
> library to do event processing and return appropriate result. I
> haven't done any detailed usage analysis w.t.r. memory, complexity of
> using rules which spread across events etc. But does community think
> this is a good area and we should explore more on this?
>
> If yes I will try to put in basic operator in Malhar and work on details.
>
> -Priyanka

Re: CEP using Apache Apex

Sanjay Pujare

This is a great idea and it will be good to incorporate these aspects:

-          Scalability: scaling across all the partitions

-          Usability: ability to use (invoke and program) the rules engine at run time as opposed to compile time. This also includes ability to define and use schemas at run time?

-Priyanka

Re: CEP using Apache Apex

chinmay
Administrator