Authentification possibilities RabbitMQInputOperator

Authentification possibilities RabbitMQInputOperator

apex

The apex RabbitMQInputOperator has no properties for username and password. As far as I know it can only use the guest user with the default credentials.

Is this correct or is there a good way to introduce any form of access control?

At the current state i have to open up the RabbitMQ server so that it accepts connections from the guest user outside the localhost context. This is done via adding following line in the configuration file :

[{rabbit, [{loopback_users, []}]}].

I'm currently deploying the apache apex application outside the safe test scenario but opening up the RabbitMQ server in such a way poses a risk. Any suggestions how to solve this?

Cheers Manfred.

Re: Authentification possibilities RabbitMQInputOperator

vikram patil-2
Hi Manfred,

Looks like as of now there is no way to specify username / password for this particular operator. But definitely it will be good to introduce capability with RabbitMQInputOperator to accept either URI "amqp://userName:password@hostName:portNumber/virtualHost" or virtualhost,username and password like it does other properties. We need to create an improvement ticket for this requirement as well.

Thanks & Regards,
Vikram